Thursday, September 22, 2011

Steppin' Up

Well in just a few more days I will officially be the T.H.M.I.C. (Temporary Head Man In Charge) at Crosswater (under Jesus of course) as our lead pastor Aaron Day goes on a three month sabbatical.  As the day gets closer, I feel the potential burden more and more.  While I am a little freaked out about all this 3-month period will bring, I am also excited to see what God will do in Aaron, in me and in His church, Crosswater.

One of my many issues, is the tendency to rely on my own abilities to get the job done.  Fortunately, I am being made more aware of that tendency heading in to this period where that tendency could be even more detrimental than usual.  Please be praying for me to rely on God first and foremost and to put aside my efforts because it will take God to come out of this having grown and led well.

Please also be praying for Aaron as he spends time with God and his family.  Pray for wisdom and discernment as he seeks God's will for himself, his family and for Crosswater.

Finally, please pray that this would be a time of spiritual growth for the people of Crosswater.

1 comment:

  1. Will pray, wish we could visit! So glad Aaron can do this. It seems really important, and it's great he has you to fill the gap.

    -Heidi Pointer

    ReplyDelete