Monday, September 28, 2009

"Customer Service"

Do you ever laugh when you think of the phrase "Customer Service"? Perhaps it's not really all that funny to you depending on how long it has been since you experienced "customer service" first hand. Well, I had the opportunity to experience that oxymoron (at least sometimes it is) today when I called my DSL provider. Now I don't know about you, but I typically don't place a call to a provider like this unless there is some sort of an issue or at least a question that has caused me to call. Admittedly that usually starts the call off with me already a little frustrated. My favorite (that should be read sarcastically) is when I call and get the fun voice prompts that give you instruction. I particularly like (again read that sarcastically) the ones that give you the option of pushing a button or just saying your selection. I often find myself eventually yelling my selections because the phone system just doesn't seem to be understanding what I am trying to say. How about this one; the phone system asks you to enter your phone number or account number, which you do, then when you finally get to a real person, what is the first thing they ask for - yep, your phone number or account number. C'mon, really? Why did I just enter it if I am just going to have to give it to you again anyway?

As you may have noticed, I have some passion around the subject of "customer service". However, the point of today's blog is not to rant about "customer service" (although I do feel a little better now that I have gotten some of that off of my chest) but rather to express how different GOD is than even the best "customer service" we experience. God is always available! We never get a busy signal, we never get a voice prompt system that seems to take us in circles, we never get put on hold.

1 John 5:14 gives me encouragement, it says: "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."

God knows our desires, our frustrations, our joys, etc. before we even bring them to Him. Yet, He still wants us to come to Him, to bring these things to Him. Now this doesn't mean that we will always get what we want or that the resolution to our "problem" will be what we want it to be. But be encouraged that God wants to talk to you, He won't give you the run-a-round, He won't put you on hold. God loves you and wants relationship with you. Connect with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment