Thursday, April 22, 2010

Making Me Look Good

Did you know that it is Administrative Professionals Week this week? I like to make sure that people are appreciated for what they do but I don't always do a good job of remember to show appreciation myself, that's why I am thankful that my trusty UW calendar informed me that Wednesday was Administrative Professionals Day. I then heard that we are supposed to celebrate and appreciate Administrative Professionals for the entire week (which I am sure is an attempt by card and candy companies to increase sales).

The truth is though, that these administrative professionals have a hard job and they deserve to be appreciated all the time and not just for one day or one week in April. That's why, I have decided to use my blog this week to express my thanks to those people around me that make me look a lot better than I possibly could on my own. So here we go.

Karen is my assistant as well as the Financial Director at Crosswater and while I may be more administratively minded than a certain other Pastor at Crosswater, Karen is instrumental in making sure I have the information that I need in order to track where Crosswater is at and to plan where we are able to go in the future. Karen, thank you for all of your hard work.

Amy is technically Aaron's assistant but she is also the Office Manager, tech guru and graphic designer for Crosswater. As such she and I work together a lot. Without Amy thinking about how, when and why we do things, I have no doubt I would forget many things and/or think about them too late. Thank you Amy for your support.

Crosswater is also blessed to have 3 amazing ladies that volunteer to greet and serve people that come in to our office. Denise, Jane and Emma do an amazing job of loving people and taking care of people, including those of us in the office. Thank you ladies for giving up your time to come in and serve and allowing us to serve.

Finally the hardest working person at making me look better is my wife. While it would be an insult to call her my assistant or my administrative professional, she is my helper and my rock. I received advice from my favorite candy store owner recently saying that every day is wife appreciation day and it certainly should be. Kristina, I am sorry that I don't show my appreciation as much as I should (if I even do at all). I love you very much and appreciate all that you do for me and our family.

If you have people in your life that help you look good, whether they are paid to do so or do it because they love you, let them know that you appreciate them this week. Don't wait until it is too late.

1 comment: