Thursday, April 1, 2010

What's the Difference?

"it's abundantly clear in the so-called Christian nations of the Western world that professing belief in God and allowing that belief to make any discernible difference in your life are two entirely different things."
- Jan Hettinga, "Follow Me"

Like me, you've probably heard the statistics that say as many as 75-80% of Americans are Christians. Most of America claims belief in Jesus Christ and this weekend millions of people in this country will attend church services celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ (Easter Sunday). Hopefully you will be one of those millions in church this week.

There are moments in my life where the truth of Jesus Christ makes significant difference in my life. Unfortunately there are many moments where it doesn't. I too frequently get so involved in living my life that I take for granted what Jesus did for me, or even worse I completely disregard it. I get easily frustrated and/or angered and I snap at people. I lose my patience and let my attitude take over. I try to do things on my own instead of relying on the strength of Jesus. I lose sight of Jesus. I believe in Him but I don't always follow Him.

Easter is a celebration! Jesus didn't stay in the grave, he rose, he defeated death. Easter is also a reminder for me to put my focus back on Jesus and to allow the truth of the gospel to make a discernible difference in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment