Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Don't Like to Read

I have a bit of a problem. I like to learn but I don't really like to read. Now-a-days with all of the technology available to us, this isn't as big of a problem as it used to be. Even though I have tons of access to podcasts, vodcasts, apps, YouTube, etc. there is still something to be said for books. Which brings me back to the problem I started with; I like to learn but I don't really like to read.

That's why I was so excited a few weeks ago to hear about a website called "Study Leadership". This site offers book summaries for leadership books. In other words, they read the book and then give to their subscribers a much shorter (10-20 pages) summary of what the book said. So, instead of spending several hours over the course of several months (my typical book reading results), I can now get the main pieces of a book in only 20-30 minutes. What a great way to solve my problem.

These books aren't for everyone as they are focused on leadership and most are specific to church leadership. However if you are a manager or a leader (mom, dad, boss, coach, etc.) there are many books that I am sure you would find helpful.

If you like to learn but don't have the time to read full books, check out these summaries. And if you go to Crosswater (the church where I am one of the pastors) ask me about how you can get free access to these summaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment