Thursday, March 3, 2011

Is the Glass Half Full or Half Empty?

This may shock some of you who know me, but, I can be somewhat pessimistic. In case you need an example, here you go. A couple of weeks ago I felt that the 5th/6th grade boys basketball team that I help coach could have played better. As a result, after the game I was a little frustrated and down and was thinking of some of the things we need to work on in practice the upcoming week. Did I mention yet that we won the game by roughly 20 points?

For me it is easy to see the things that need fixing or that are done incorrectly. I don't necessarily set out to look for those things, I am just really good at noticing them (not one of the traits that my wife is excited about). That's why when participating in our weekly staff devotional, I was convicted by a pretty uplifting passage. The passage was Zephaniah 3:14-17 and the line that convicted me was "Be glad and rejoice with all your heart".

For me, even when things are going pretty well, this is hard for me to do. But, no matter how bad things are, we all have good things around us and we can choose in good times or bad times to see the glass half full or to see the glass half empty, to Be glad and rejoice or not to. From now on I am going to try to see the good things. and if I'm not please help me (gently)!

No comments:

Post a Comment